The 4th January is National Trivia Day and here are some wine rack facts for you to share with your friends, over a glass of wine perhaps?
• A dry cork will shrink in the bottle, allowing oxygen to enter the bottle and infuse the wine; this is why you will only find wine racks that allow the bottle to lie on its side, keeping the cork wet.
• Wrought Iron Wine Racks are very popular due to the fact they can be formed into a variety of interesting shapes and designs.
• Wine Racks are extremely popular among those that like to be able to show off their world class collection of wines, why have great wines and then hide them behind a cupboard door?
• Wine racks are built to hold the average bottle of wine size, this is a bottle that holds 750ml, this works out to roughly two and half pounds of grapes.
• Storage wise wine bottles in a wine rack are much better than a barrel, however you will find that a single barrel holds 60 gallons of wine.